Sunday, December 24, 2017

Report from the Yule Log

Where was my head this last week? What message do I want to carry into the light of a new year?

"Yule Log" ldyck

I used to think that I was a
English-Canadian
Icelandic-Canadian
British Columbian
Islander

But now I know beyond any label I claim I am a world citizen. It is my only home.
I stand hand-in-hand with my sisters,
with my brothers
Respecting our differences
Celebrating our similarities
The world, our only home, is a very fragile place

'gently hold the world in the palm of your hand' ldyck

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one
-John Lennon (Imagine)



"Abby playing in the snow" ldyck
We got it a few days ago and it's almost gone


Next post:
Published on Sunday, December 31 (New Year's Eve)
at approximately 5 PM PST
A Year Spent With You--Reviewing 2017