Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Benefits of Blogging by Leanne Dyck

I live on a remote island... I don't have deep pockets... How can I reach out and build a readership? This question pounded in my head as I began to write. Here's my solution...

Blogging...

What has blogging done for me? What can blogging do for you?

It's helped me to develop the habit of writing daily...

I've set the goal to write daily, often. But it was only when I declared this goal to the world by way of my blog that the goal became a commitment. Now I have readers, like you, waiting for stories. Now I have motivation. And by meeting this commitment I'm proving to publishers that I can make deadlines.

It's enabled me to network with others in the publishing industry...

I live on a rural island. Without this blog, it would be difficult to network with other publishing professionals. Every Sunday, on this blog, I publish a short story or book review.  I'm thrilled to be able to share my writing with the world. I'm delighted to be able to promote reading and good books.

It's helped me to avoid the social media time suck...

Like many, I could spend hours on Twitter, Facebook, and Linked In. There goes my writing time. Still, I need to maintain my presence on these important social networks. Where did I find a solution to this dilemma? On this blog, I'm able to publish my articles on a variety of social networks without spending countless hours on them.

Read more about the benefits...