Thursday, September 19, 2013

Book Review: Almost Criminal by ER Brown



About the protagonist:  Tate is a drift. To a large degree, life happens to him. He doesn't have a plan. Due to his intellect, he was sped through school. His mom brought him to nowheresville--Wallace, BC.
But he's not without responsibilities:  he's the family bread-winner. And is devoted to his ailing mother and younger sister.
He's just not invested in life. He has potential but no drive. I want more for him; I want to shake him awake. And in chapter four, he does wake up... But is he ready?

About the subject:  I moved to Mayne Island fourteen years ago. Back then, when I mentioned my move, more than once I heard, "Remember don't breathe in too deeply." Implying... Um, yeah, well...
The marijuana culture is everywhere in Canada--rural, urban. You just need to know where to look and who to ask. Clearly, E.R. Brown found a source. 
Where? Who? How? E.R. Brown will be here tomorrow to explain.