Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Staying Encouraged During Querying by Leanne Dyck

Author Elizabeth S. Craig wrote a helpful post for Author Karen Walker's blog Following the Whispers. In this post, she shared strategies for staying positive while querying. Here's the link
Thanks to Tweeter I found it. Now, thanks to blogger I like to reply to Ms. Craig.
Thank you for this helpful advice.
How do I cope?
As well as employing many of the strategies you have listed I...
-remember past successes and marvel at how far I've come in such a short time.
-remember that not everyone (reader, agent or publisher) is going to love everything I write, but they are my words. They have power. I try to seek validation from within.
-remember that writing and submitting takes courage. Each obstacle I encounter makes me stronger.