Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A pictorical tour of Craigdarroch Castle in Victoria, BC

If you're like me and love museums, you'll enjoy today's post. I've had the good fortunate to visit Castle Loma in Toronto and Dundurn Castle in Hamilton, Ontario. I was young and impressionable when I tour those castles and the visit seeded in me a passion for the past. So, you can understand, my delight in discovering Craigdarroch Castle.
I invite you to explore it with me.
As we enter the main floor hall, we see this stunning mantle piece--dressed for the season.







In the library, we read by candlelight.





We climb the stairs to the second level.


Climbing the stairs to the next level, we look up and see...










The upper level houses the ballroom.




My husband admires the instruments.


The bathroom with side-by-side tub and toilet.
Servant quarters.
A model of the castle.
Besides being a castle and a museum, it has also been a school of music and a hospital.
I hope I get to visit this magnificent again very soon.